Trade Media Promotion Terms & Conditions
Tourism Australia Aussie Specialist Trade Media Promotion
Terms and Conditions November 1st 2021 – December 31st 2021
1. Aussie Specialist Destination Spotlight Quiz Promotion (the Promotion) will commence on November 1st 2021 at 16:00 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) and close on January 1st 2022 at 15:59 AEST. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter is Tourism Australia, of Level 29, 400 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (ABN 99 657548 712).
2. To enter the Promotion, entrants must:
i. be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry;
ii. be a professional travel advisor in the United States of America or Canada;
iii. be registered and qualified as an Aussie Specialist with all required details by the closing date and time listed in clause 1 above. To become an Aussie Specialist the first step is to register on the Aussie Specialist Program’s website (see link www.aussiespecialist.com/en.html).; and
iv. Successfully complete the relevant Aussie Specialist Trade Media Quiz as directed by Tourism Australia in connection with this Promotion.
3. Entrants who do not complete the requirements in clause 2 above before the closing date and time will not qualify to enter the Promotion.
4. Final judging will be made by members of the Promoter’s Aussie Specialist Team based in the United States of America no later than January 1st 2022 at 15:59 AEST. All entrants will be judged by the Promoter having regard to their skill in the completion of the Quiz. The Promoter’s determination of the winners will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. No payment or purchase is required to enter.
6. The prize is a VISA gift card with a market retail value of approximately $250 USD/CAD (including GST and/or any other applicable taxes and statutory charges) (the Prize).
7. The judges will award the Prize to a total of ten (10) winner(s).
8. In the event that the Prize or any element of the prize package becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Tourism Australia’s control, Tourism Australia may substitute a component of equal or greater value.
9. The Prize (in whole or in part) is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Any unused portion of the package is non-transferable, non-refundable and nonredeemable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash. No portion of the Prize or the Prize in its entirety can be on sold by any means.
10. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the Prize (the Winner). The Winners will be notified by phone (voice or text) or email (using the details provided with entry at the time of registering for the Aussie Specialist Program). Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (e.g. when the Winner cannot be contacted by email after three attempts) the judges will select another winner based on the same criteria. If requested, the Promoter will make available a list of the Winners. Winners consent to the disclosure of their personal information to comply with this clause.
11. The Promoter accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning the Prize package. Independent financial advice should be sought. Tourism Australia will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury by any person in connection with the Prize.
12. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the elements of the Prize. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents (to the extent permitted by law), in connection with the Prize.
13. The Promotion may require the Winner to sign and return any liability release provided by the Promoter and/or its contractors as a condition of the Prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities will result in the entitlement to the Prize being forfeited and the selection of another Winner.
i. contacting the entrant in relation to the Promotion;
ii. improving the Promoter's or the Promoter's related entities' goods and services; and
iii. contacting the entrant in the future for the Promoter's or the Promoter's related entities' marketing purposes via any medium including mail, telephone (regardless of whether the entrant is registered on the Do Not Call Register) and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other media including media not yet in existence at the time of the Promotion.
16. Entrants agree to the Promoter providing the entrant's personal information to the Promoter's partners for the following purposes:
i. the Promoter's partners contacting the entrant in relation to the Promoter's partners newsletters;
ii. the Promoter's partners contacting the entrant with information on promotions and offers offered by the Promoter's partners; or
iii. the Promoter's partners contacting the entrant in relation to the Promoter's partners general marketing purposes, via any medium including mail, telephone (regardless of whether the entrant is registered on the Do Not Call Register) and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other media including media not yet in existence at the time of the Promotion.
17. By accepting a Prize, Winners agree and acknowledge:
i. they may be contacted by the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) to provide comments about the Promotion and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos or recordings of them;
ii. the Promoter may use any comments obtained from them, their name, and/or likeness and any photos or recordings taken of them (the Materials) for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them;
iii. the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at any time, anywhere, and by any means (including communicating them to the public in any media, including media not yet in existence). The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
iv. they grant to the Promoter on creation of the Materials a royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose it determines.
18. If requested by the Promoter, the Winner(s) must produce, within the time requested by the Promoter and in its absolute discretion, appropriate photo identification or other documentation required by the Promoter to verify their identity, age, eligibility to enter the Promotion and claim a Prize and compliance with these Terms before the Promoter issues their Prize. If the items required by the Promoter are not received or a provisional winning entry has not been verified to the satisfaction of the Promoter within the time period required by the Promoter, the provisional winner's entry will be deemed invalid. Prizes will only be awarded following all validation and verification requirements of the Promoter being met to its satisfaction. The Winner(s) may be required to sign a declaration confirming their eligibility to accept the Prize. The Promoter reserve the right to conduct security verification checks at its absolute discretion.
19. The laws of New South Wales, Australia apply to these terms and conditions.