See it all in Broome, the remote, romantic pearling port in the north-west corner of the Kimberley. Purchase a pearl in Chinatown, where many of the buildings were built in the exciting early pearling days. Continue the nostalgia in the pearling museum or on an old pearl lugger. Hop on a camel and watch the famous, fiery sunset over Cable Beach. Catch the natural magic trick of Staircase to the Moon, bird spot in Roebuck Bay and see prehistoric dinosaur prints at Gantheaume Point. Devote your final day to a 4WD adventure along the magical Dampier Peninsula, where you can extend your stay in traditional Aboriginal communities.
At a glance:
- Two nights Broome
- Pearl Shopping China Town
- Camel trek along Cable Beach
- Dinosaur footprints Gantheaume Point
- 'Staircase to the moon' (Mar-Oct)
- 1 full day 4WD Tour Dampier Peninsula