With superb weather conditions all year round, Queensland is the perfect luxury destination to unwind.
With breathtaking vistas of the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef; the majestic rainforests, rugged high country and vivid colours of the Outback; Queensland offers everything for the trip of a lifetime.
At a glance:
- Fly to Hamilton Island: Direct flights daily from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Cairns.
- Drive qualia – Hamilton Island Golf Club (10 min drive + 10 mins ferry).
- Fly Hamilton Island – Brisbane (2 hours).
- Drive Brisbane – Spicers Peak Lodge (2 hours).
qualia, Hamilton Island, Great Barrier Reef
One of the Whitsunday Islands, and in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, Hamilton Island is one of Australia’s most coveted holiday destinations. With easy access to pristine beaches and a kaleidoscope of coral and marine life, Hamilton Island is the perfect base for exploring the reef.
qualia is a unique expression of world-class luxury, situated on the secluded northern-most tip of the island. This immaculate resort immerses you in a tranquil atmosphere, offering personalised and intuitive service. With outstanding attention to design and an exceptional spa, the qualia experience is one of deep sensory sophistication.
- Sail through the famous Whitsunday passage.
- Relax on the famous fine white sands and crystal clear water at Whitehaven Beach – one of the World’s top 10 beaches.
- Enjoy spectacular heli-diving on the untouched Great Barrier Reef.
Hamilton Island Golf Club, Dent Island
Perched at the edge of the Great Barrier Reef, the Hamilton Island Golf Club is a championship course with a difference- it's located on its own tropical island. The course is designed to challenge and reward golfers of all abilities and the views are designed to take your breath away. The course is overlooked by the contemporary Clubhouse, the perfect spot to relax after an unforgettable golfing experience.
- Ranked #44 in Australia by Golf Australia magazine.
- Designed by five time British Open winner Peter Thomson.
Spicers Peak Lodge, Queensland’s High Country
Located less than two hours’ drive from Brisbane, Main Range National Park is a World Heritage-listed ancient rainforest linking South East Queensland's Scenic Rim in the east with an arc of Gondwana lined peaks, ridges and escarpments to the west.
Perched at the top of the mountain with breathtaking views, and surrounded by the national park, Spicers Peak Lodge is Queensland’s highest mountain lodge retreat. The Lodge is located on 8,000 acres, and combines contemporary and classic design with all-inclusive accommodation and fine-dining in ten luxurious suites and two private lodges.
- Take a guided bushwalk or mountain-biking adventure.
- Discover rare species of bird and wildlife including the seldom seen Albert’s lyrebird.
- Wander through local art galleries, wineries and sample local produce at country markets and farm-gate stalls.
Suggested Trip Extensions
Crystalbrook Lodge, Northern Outback
Crystalbrook Lodge is located in remote outback bush, on the historic 85,000-acre Crystalbrook Station. It overlooks a 300-acre lake, the largest body of freshwater in the area and a magnet to a staggering range of bird and wildlife.
Silky Oaks Lodge, The Daintree
Spectacularly located in the Mossman River gorge, adjoining one of the oldest living rainforests on the planet, The Daintree, and overlooking a crystal clear water billabong (river pool), Silky Oaks Lodge offers 40 relaxed eco-luxe suites and ‘treehouses’ and outstanding Healing Waters Spa.
Lizard Island is a remote island retreat, the northern-most reef resort on the Great Barrier Reef. The resort has 40 understated luxurious suites and pavilions, five star cuisine and indulgent spa treatments and is the only resort on the island. With 24 white powdery sand beaches and surrounded by vivid turquoise water, Lizard Island is the quintessential active reef experience.