With superb conditions all year round, Queensland is the perfect destination to immerse in the colours and experience of the outback, rainforest and reef.
From coral reef to rainforest to rugged outback, this vast state offers every opportunity for adventure and unique Australian experiences combined with a number of luxury lodge accommodations and a personal connection with the people, produce, wildlife and landscapes.
At a glance:
- Fly Cairns – Lizard Island (60 mins scenic flight transfer to Lizard Island. Alternatively, a private charter can be arranged).
- Drive Cairns – Silky Oaks Lodge (70 mins).
- Drive Brisbane to Scenic Rim Trail (2 hours).
Silky Oaks Lodge
Silky Oaks Lodge and Healing Waters Spa is located in a stunning riverside location adjoining one of the oldest living rainforests in the World Heritage listed Daintree National Park. It is an ideal base from which to explore Far North Queensland. The advanced eco lodge comprises the renowned open sided Treehouse restaurant, contemporary accommodation and the highly lauded Healing Waters Spa.
- Explore extensive hiking trails leading from the Lodge into the adjacent Daintree National Park.
- Journey by helicopter from the Lodge helipad to the beautiful coral cays of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Experience the Gorge Dreamtime Walk from the Lodge to the Mossman Gorge with the Kuku Yalanji people, the traditional owners of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area.
Lizard Island, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland
Lizard Island is a remote island retreat, the northern-most reef resort on the Great Barrier Reef. With twenty-four undisturbed white sand beaches and surrounded by turquoise water, this tropical paradise offers the ultimate active reef experience.
With 40 understated luxury suites and pavilions, five star cuisine and indulgent spa treatments, Lizard Island is the ideal base for a quintessential active reef experience.
- Experience some of the best snorkelling and diving the reef can offer including the famous Cod Hole and giant clam gardens.
- Pack a picnic and explore 1000 hectares of national park and 24 white powdery sand beaches.
- Spend a day discovering the nearby Ribbon Reefs, renowned for some of the best big game fishing in the world.
Spicers Scenic Rim Trail
Spicers Scenic Rim Trail
This two day/two night lodge-based adventure explores the beauty and diversity of the Scenic Rim region, located less than two hours from Brisbane CBD.
From the Main Range National Park experienced guides will lead you through the Scenic Rim region, home to unique plants, animals and distinctive vegetation types. The mountains preserve links to Australia’s ancient past, while one of Australia’s two species of lyrebird inhabits the region’s rainforest and wet eucalypt forests.
- Witness a stunning collection of mountains, ridges, escarpments, forests and ancient volcanic plateaus set in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range and surrounded by World Heritage listed national parks.
- Spend two nights at Spicers Canopy, a luxury glamping location with ten tastefully appointed safari style tents with king size beds and fine linens.
- Enjoy relaxation time around the outdoor fire pit or in the plunge pool at sunset.
Suggested Trip Extensions
qualia, Hamilton Island
qualia is a unique expression of world-class luxury, situated on the secluded northern-most tip of the island. This immaculate resort immerses you in a tranquil atmosphere, offering personalised and intuitive service. With outstanding attention to design and an exceptional spa, the qualia experience is one of deep sensory sophistication.
Hamilton Island Golf Club, Dent Island
Perched at the edge of the Great Barrier Reef, the Hamilton Island Golf Club is one of the most spectacular in the world. As the only championship course on its own island in Australia, Hamilton Island Golf Club is truly unique. It is designed to challenge all levels of golf enthusiast, from the casual player to professional, in a series of holes strung along ridges and played across steep valleys.
Spicers Peak Lodge, Queensland’s High Country
Located less than two hours from Brisbane, Main Range National Park is a World Heritage-listed wilderness area. Perched on the mountain-top above the national park, the luxurious Spicers Peak Lodge is spectacularly located on 8000 acres taking advantage of the breathtaking views and wilderness location.
Sirromet, Mount Cotton
Sirromet is a family owned and run winery situated at picturesque Mount Cotton, just a short drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast. The structure and unique architecture of Sirromet's winery and buildings are a perfect complement to the breathtaking natural scenery surrounding Moreton Bay. Here, in the state-of-the-art winery, chief winemaker Adam Chapman and his expert team combine their skills to produce Sirromet's range of award-winning wines. On Sirromet's vast grounds visitors can experience a variety of dining options while luxury accommodation is also available onsite at Sanctuary by Sirromet.