Experience natural beauty and a relaxed pace of life a stone's throw from the fast paced heart of Sydney.
Discover the beaches and bays of the NSW Central Coast or go beyond the cellar door in one of Australia’s leading wine regions, the magnificent Hunter Valley.
At a glance:
- Drive Sydney – Pretty Beach House (2 hours)
- Drive Pretty Beach House – Audrey Wilkinson Vineyard (1 hour 45 mins)
Pretty Beach House, Bouddi Peninsula
Situated between Sydney and Newcastle, the Central Coast region begins at the mouth of the Hawkesbury River and stretches all the way to the southern end of Lake Macquarie in the north. Discover beautiful bays and beaches tucked into the rich hinterland. With various villages and look out points along the way, there are many reasons to stop and admire the view.
Indulge in a new style of luxury at Pretty Beach House, just two hours north of Sydney on the NSW Bouddi Peninsula. This exclusive guesthouse has only four, luxurious one-bedroom pavilions on the 7.5 half-acre property, with guests experiencing all-inclusive, round-the-clock service.
- Enjoy guided bush walks, beach picnics, mountain-biking, and access to the 38 foot Cabo sports cruiser for fishing or sightseeing.
- Experience Lobster Beach, Box Head and the surf break at Tallow Beach or explore the nearby seaside villages of Killcare, Wagstaffe and Hardy's Bay.
- For real ‘wow’ factor take a seaplane over Sydney Harbour and the city’s northern beaches to Pretty Beach House (25 minutes).
Audrey Wilkinson, Hunter Valley
From its charming towns and villages to its wineries producing world-class wines by combining modern and traditional winemaking methods, there is plenty to see and learn.
2016 marks the 150th vintage for Audrey Wilkinson, where the first vines in Pokolbin were planted by Audrey himself in 1866. Located in the foothills of the scenic Brokenback ranges, Audrey’s legacy of ‘It’s all about the taste’ is at the centre of everything this family-run business and winery continues to do.
- Join a winery tour and learn more about Australia’s most visited wine region from an expert local guide.
- Go beyond the cellar door and take a tour of the Audrey Wilkinson winery.
- Discover more about the history of winemaking in the Hunter Valley at the Audrey Wilkinson museum.
- Pack a picnic or order a fresh seafood platter and enjoy on the verandah with a bottle of award-winning Hunter Semillon.
Suggested Trip Extensions
New South Wales Golf Club, Sydney
Consistently rated in the top 100 courses in the world, New South Wales Golf Clubpresents visitors with the perfect combination of undulating fairways, beautiful scenic vistas and a spectacular clubhouse. Situated on the rugged cliffs of La Perouse, NSW is a golf course that will challenge even the most experienced golfer with its clever design and use of the natural beauty of the landscape.
The Lakes Golf Club, Sydney
Only minutes from the centre of Sydney, The Lakes Golf Club is one of the country’s most prestigious private courses. Bordering the Botany Aquifer and Wetlands area, the course showcases some of the city’s best water views and harbours an extraordinary collection of local wildlife. Currently ranked #15 in Australia by Golf Australia magazine.
Capella Lodge, Lord Howe Island
World Heritage listed Lord Howe Island is a paradise of rainforests, reefs and beaches. The island’s premium retreat, Capella Lodge, comprises nine luxurious suites, personal service, exceptional dining and the carefree spirit of the authentic Australian beach house.
Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley
Set in a spectacular setting in the Blue Mountains region, just over three hours drive from Sydney, discover Wolgan Valley within its own 7,000-acre carbon-neutral conservation and wildlife reserve. Wolgan Valley blends absolute luxury and seclusion with dramatic natural beauty, conservation, heritage and a quintessentially Australian bush experience.