A hub for fabulous food, wine and internationally acclaimed festivals, Adelaide has much to offer in close proximity.
Enjoy a round of golf at Royal Adelaide, visit the iconic wineries of the magnificent surrounding regions of the Adelaide Hills and McLaren Vale and embark on an adventure to the wildlife paradise of Kangaroo Island.
At a glance:
- Drive Adelaide airport – Royal Adelaide (25 min).
- Drive Royal Adelaide to The Lane Vineyard, Adelaide Hills (35 min).
- Drive The Lane Vineyard – d’Arenberg, McLaren Vale (50 min).
- Fly Adelaide – Kangaroo Island (30 min).
Royal Adelaide Golf Club, Adelaide
With a core of outstanding holes Royal Adelaide provides a platform for creative shots and an extremely picturesque golfing experience in South Australia’s iconic capital.
A one-of-a-kind course, Royal Adelaide has changed substantially over the years, yet retained its fundamental character and charm.
- Ranked #10 in Australia by Golf Australia magazine.
- Easily accessed from Adelaide city centre.
- Host of many international and interstate matches and championships including nine Open Championships of Australia and sixteen Amateur Championships of Australia.
The Lane Vineyard, Adelaide Hills
The Adelaide Hills region is known for its elegant cool climate wines. Located in the Mount Lofty Ranges 20 minutes east of Adelaide, the region is Australia’s largest geographical wine region, and one of the most diverse in terms of climate, soil and topography.
Housing a state-of-the-art winery, restaurant and cellar door The Lane Vineyard is home to the Edwards family who grow every berry and make every drop to bring the beauty of their vineyard into your glass of wine.
Discover the subtlety of a single vineyard wine paired to a harmonious menu and made from the region's finest produce. The Restaurant offers a unique dining experience overlooking the picturesque Adelaide Hills.
- Learn about The Lane’s innovative approach to environmentally-sustainable winemaking.
- Experience a vertical tasting in the vineyard block where the grapes are grown.
- Enjoy a long lunch admiring the view over the Adelaide Hills.
d’Arenberg, McLaren Vale
The world-renowned wine region of McLaren Vale lies less than an hour from the Adelaide Hills. Famous for its unique marriage of wine region and beach lifestyle, McLaren Vale produces some world-famous wines from grapes which benefit from the cooling influence of the coastal breezes.
Drop into the famous d'Arenberg cellar door and discover their wide range of wines. From entry level to iconic, all d’Arenberg wines are made using traditional methods. They are basket pressed, with red wines fermented in small batch open fermenters and foot trod.
Next door to the winery, spend an hour or two over lunch at d'Arry's Verandah Restaurant. A quintessential Australian dining experience showcasing local and seasonal produce to complement d’Arenberg wines.
- Learn more with a private masterclass followed by an 8 course degustation.
- Play winemaker at the d'Arenberg's blending bench and take home a bottle of your own unique blend.
- Soar over McLaren Vale in a WACO biplane.
Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island
Beautiful Kangaroo Island is located just off the mainland of South Australia, below Adelaide. The island is famous for its diverse wildlife and nature reserves, including Flinders Chase National Park home to kangaroos, wallabies, koalas and many bird species.
Southern Ocean Lodge offers a unique fusion of nature and luxury. With 21 luxe suites, breathtaking views to the great Southern Ocean, all-inclusive rates, first name service and a personalised experiential itinerary, this is a globally celebrated luxury lodge on an island brimming with diverse wildlife and natural beauty.
- Explore the wonders of Kangaroo Island, Australia’s own Galapagos, on a signature guided adventure.
- Discover Island food and wine delights or the local arts with an optional private charter.
- Rejuvenate in the secluded Southern Spa with signature treatments using Kangaroo Island botanicals.
Suggested Trip Extensions
Penfolds Magill Estate
Drive 15 minutes from Adelaide and discover Magill Estate, the original home of Penfolds wines and of Australia’s most prized wine, the famous Grange. Penfolds regularly wins Australian and international gold medals and gold class awards. Alongside the cellar door you’ll find the multi-award winning Magill Estate Restaurant.
The Louise is a boutique vineyard retreat combining absolute luxury and inspired design with restaurant Appellation, one of Australia’s finest regional dining experiences. The design is soft and contemporary and its 15 luxuriously appointed suites, each with their own private terrace, overlook the vineyards and vistas of the Barossa.
The Arkaba Walk
Location: Flinders Ranges, South Australia
Duration: 4 days, 3 nights
Distance: 45km (28miles)
Traversing the ancient Flinders Ranges and the private Arkaba Conservancy in outback South Australia, The Arkaba Walk is an experience that immerses you in the story of the land. Experience stunning backdrops, River Red Gums, wildlife sightings, and pioneer stories. At the end of each day enjoy the comfort of luxury accommodation.