Day 2 – Yarra Valley to Phillip Island
Rise early for a dawn hot air balloon flight, watch the Valley spring to life as the sun comes up, and finish with a champagne breakfast. Freshen up and head south to Phillip Island via The Dandenong Ranges for a short journey aboard Puffing Billy Steam Railway. On Phillip Island, visit the Nobbies Centre and experience the interactive Antarctic Journey, then get up close to some cuddly locals at the Koala Conservation Centre. In the afternoon, head out on the Wild Oceans Ecoboat to see the 30,000 Australian Fur Seals that inhabit Seal Rocks, before the crème de la crème of wildlife experiences at the sunset Penguin Parade.
- Scale breathtaking heights and take in the valley’s landscapes with Global Ballooning Australia.
- Take a journey into the forest onboard Australia’s premier preserved steam railway.
- Experience the Antarctic Journey interactive, virtual exhibition.
- Cruise to one of Australia’s largest fur seal colonies with Wildlife Coast Cruises.
- Witness Victoria’s largest colony of little penguins return from the sea and head to their burrows for the night at the Penguin Parade.