You could easily spend two days or more in Adelaide, but now it’s time to head to Kangaroo Island to see our wildlife.
From Adelaide take a short flight or drive to Cape Jervis to catch the ferry across to Kangaroo Island. Drive around the island yourself, or take a tour. There is much to see, so allow at least two or three days to explore.
Highlights include walking through a colony of Australian sea lions on the beach and seeing koalas in the wild.
Then there are the thousands of New Zealand fur seals, rare birds, including the glossy black cockatoo, and breathtaking coastal scenery.
Millions of years of crashing ocean have created curious structures, including the Remarkable Rocks, huge boulders balancing on top of a massive granite dome.
Part of the island is farming country, local produce includes honey, sheep cheese, organic lamb, wine, and beer, while the sea’s produce includes oysters and abalone.
- Join a guided nature tour of the island to spot some of the more reclusive wildlife.
- Visit the spectacular Remarkable Rocks rock formations.
- Sample some of the islands best produce at local restaurants and cafes.
- See endangered Australian Sea-lions in their natural environment on a guided tour of Seal Bay Conservation Park.
- Observe New Zealand fur seals from the viewing platforms at Admirals Arch.