By George Weir
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Discover one of the most unique and dramatic landscapes in Australia, the Pinnacles Desert.
- Swim with Whale Sharks and Giant Manta Rays in Coral Bay.
- Visit the most sacred Aboriginal sites for the Yunjibarndi people, ‘Deep Reach’ on the Fortescue River, home of the mythical Warlu Serpent.
- Time: 14 days
- Distance: 2,500 kilometres (1,553 miles)Transport: Car, campervan, 4WD
- Nearest Major City: Perth
A road trip from the most isolated city on the planet, Perth, through to Broome, in the Kimberley region of Western Australia, is an epic driving experience to say the least. In total, the distance is over 2,500 kilometres (1553 miles), which is equal distance between Paris and Istanbul, or a road trip from Montreal in Canada all the way through the United States to Miami.