Experience the natural beauty and relaxed pace of life in the stunning surroundings of Sydney
From the fairways of Australia’s best courses to bush experiences to world-class lodging and dining; there is a wealth of dramatic natural beauty and diversity within easy driving distance of Sydney.
At a glance:
- Drive Sydney – The Lakes Golf Club (20 mins)
- Drive The Lakes Golf Club - New South Wales Golf Club (20 mins)
- Drive New South Wales Golf Club - Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley (3 hours 20 mins)
The Lakes Golf Club, Sydney
Only minutes from the centre of Sydney in the suburb of Eastlakes, The Lakes Golf Clubis one of the country’s most prestigious private courses. Bordering the Botany Aquifer and Wetlands area, the course showcases some of the city’s best water views and harbours an extraordinary collection of local wildlife.
- Currently ranked #15 in Australia by Golf Australia magazine.
- One of the leading major tournament venues in Australia having recently hosted the 2010, 2011 and 2012 Men's Australian Opens.
New South Wales Golf Club
Situated within a 20 minute drive from Sydney city centre on the rugged cliffs of La Perouse, NSW Golf Club overlooks the stunning Botany Bay and presents visitors with the perfect combination of undulating fairways, beautiful scenic vistas and a spectacular clubhouse.
The entire course offers tremendous views and a series of holes built around, over and through the hills and valleys that overlook the coastline. The challenging course will delight even the most experienced golfer with its clever design and use of the natural beauty of the landscape.
- Ranked #30 in the world by US Golf Digest.
- Ranked #7 in Australia by Golf Australia magazine.
Emirates One & Only, Wolgan Valley
Emerging on the horizon less than two hours from Sydney is the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area, one of Australia's most spectacular natural parks. The area also offers an enormous variety of activities to enjoy.
Set in a spectacular setting within its own 7,000-acre conservation and wildlife reserve, carbon-neutral Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley blends absolute luxury and seclusion with dramatic natural beauty, conservation, heritage and a quintessentially Australian bush experience.
- Explore Wolgan Valley’s array of native wildlife, dramatic landscapes and heritage by mountain-bike, horseback, on a wildlife safari or heritage tour.
- Participate in the daily Conservation Hour working alongside passionate field guides.
- Embark on one of thousands of bushwalks or explore ancient caverns in the Jenolan Caves.
Suggested Trip Extensions
Audrey Wilkinson Vineyard, The Hunter Valley
The Hunter region includes the premier wine-growing regions of the Hunter Valleyand the Upper Hunter. Sample delicious local produce surrounded by the endless vine covered hills of this magnificent area. Audrey Wilkinson produces award-winning semillon, available to taste in the cellar door. You can also discover more about the history of winemaking in the Hunter Valley at the Audrey Wilkinson museum, housed in the original winery.
Capella Lodge, Lord Howe Island
World Heritage listed Lord Howe Island is paradise of rainforests, reefs and beaches. The island’s premium retreat, Capella Lodge, comprises nine luxe suites, personal service, exceptional dining and the carefree spirit of the authentic Australian beach house.
Pretty Beach House
A luxe coastal bush retreat, perched high on the escarpment at Pretty Beach, on the NSW Bouddi Peninsula (just 100km north of Sydney). Pretty Beach House offers a new style of luxury in 4 designer pavilions with all-inclusive rates and around the clock personal service. For real wow factor take a seaplane from Sydney Harbour to Pretty Beach House (25 mins).