Lose yourself in the unspoiled majesty of the Northern Territory, a place rich in Aboriginal history and rugged, natural beauty.
An ancient land of deep story-telling and mystical beauty awaits as you embark on a challenging trek through remote ridges and canyons before embracing the tranquillity and indulgence of a world-class luxury lodge with unsurpassed views of the many colours of Uluru.
At a glance:
- Fly to Alice Springs (daily flights from all capital cities).
- Fly Alice Springs to Uluru (1 hour) or drive (4 hours 30 min).
- Fly Alice Springs to Darwin (2 hours).
- Private transfer by air and car from Darwin to Bamurru Plains (45 minutes).
Classic Larapinta Trek in Comfort
Over 6 days and 5 nights, explore on foot this stunning scenery of contrasts - vast flood plains, rocky outcrops, high ridgelines and ancient landscapes – as you walk the West MacDonnell Ranges led by your guides from Australian Walking Holidays.
This desert walk is enhanced with comfortable, exclusive, semi-permanent wilderness campsites with hot showers, large kitchen and heated dining area.
The Larapinta Trail will delight the wilderness lover and challenge the seasoned hiker.
- Challenge yourself over remote ridges and canyons.
- Explore famous spots such as Serpentine Gorge, Mt Sonder and Ormiston Pound.
- Take a helicopter flight over the West MacDonnell Ranges (optional activity).
Longitude 131°, Uluru
Located in the southern part of the Northern Territory, Uluru (Ayers Rock) is located 450 km (280 miles) drive south west of Alice Springs. Uluru is one of the great natural wonders of the world and will entrance you with its changing colours and mystical ambience.
Luxurious, eco-sensitive and romantic, Longitude 131° is sited to face the majestic Uluru and is the ultimate, exclusive Australian outback experience. This is the spiritual and geographical heart of Australia. Longitude 131°’s 15 luxe elevated pavilions have unsurpassed private views of Uluru.
- Discover the desert and indigenous heart of the continent via Longitude 131°'s intimate touring program within the Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park.
- Learn about the ancient cultures of the traditional custodians.
- Experience Table 131°, spectacular dining under the stars.
Suggested Trip Extensions
Bamurru Plains, Top End
Australia’s answer to the Okavango Delta, Bamurru Plains, a ten-room wilderness camp on the Mary River floodplain exudes ‘Wild Bush Luxury’ bringing a touch of style to one of Australia’s richest bird and wildlife experiences in a remote and extraordinarily beautiful region.
- 10 safari bungalows designed to expose guests to the sights and sounds of the bush.
- Small group guided activities with knowledgeable guides including airboating on the floodplains, 4WD safaris, guided walks, wildlife viewing, and a river cruise (seasonal).
- Optional excursions into nearby Arnhem Land, Kakadu National Park, fishing and scenic flights.