Soak up Hobart's convict history before heading to Freycinet National Park and the perfect curve of Wineglass Bay. Swim in St Helens and do the Bay of Fires Walk in Mount William National Park. Look over Launceston from Cataract Gorge and cycle along Devonport's waterfront. Soothe your soul in the World Heritage-listed wilderness of Cradle Mountain - Lake St. Clair National Park. Stay in Strahan and cruise the Gordon River or white water raft the furious Franklin. Walk from waterfalls and fern forests to ski fields in Mount Field National Park. From the tranquil beaches of Tasmania's east to the rugged mountains flanking the west, this circle will leave you spellbound.
At a glance:
- Hobart – Freycinet National Park (2 hours)
- Freycinet National Park – Launceston (2 hours)
- Launceston – Stanley (3 hours)
- Stanley – Cradle Mountain (2.5 hours)
- Cradle Mountain – Strahan (3 hours)
- Strahan – Hobart (4 hours)