Sydney – Melbourne – Phillip Island – Mornington Peninsula – Melbourne – Adelaide – McLaren Vale – Kangaroo Island – Adelaide
Visit the capital cities of Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide, the picturesque McLaren Vale and the wildlife paradise of Kangaroo Island. Sample fine wine, encounter Australia’s native animals in their natural habitat, learn about Aboriginal culture and even play a round of golf or two.
Day 1 – Sydney
Surrounded by hundreds of kilometres of shoreline, national parks and historic sites, the sparkling waters of Sydney Harbour are synonymous with the New South Wales capital city.
Start your Australian holiday exploring the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney, an oasis of 30 hectares of world-class botanic garden in the heart of Sydney. Surrounded by a stunning collection of plants from Australia and overseas, enjoy spectacular view of Sydney Harbour, the iconic Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
In this beautiful setting on the traditional land of the Cadigal people, the Gardens were and continue to be a significant cultural site for Aboriginal people. Learn about the significance of the area and the diverse history and culture of the Aboriginal people of the Sydney Region with an Aboriginal guide on an Aboriginal Heritage Tour.
After completing your Aboriginal Heritage Tour make your way to The Lakes Golf Club and enjoy 18 holes on one of Sydney’s most prestigious private golf clubs.
- 1.5-hour walking tour with an experienced Aboriginal guide (Wednesday, Friday and Saturday only).
- Learn about traditional Aboriginal uses for the Garden’s variety of native trees and plants with demonstrations of plants used for bush food, medicines and shelter, as well as a range of Aboriginal artefacts and tools.
- Enjoy spectacular views and a round of golf at The Lakes Golf Club, ranked 14 in Australia.
Day 2 – Sydney
Today depart on a day tour with Boutique Wildlife Tours to explore the pristine bushland of the Southern Highlands, located 90 minutes south of Sydney. With the help of a knowledgeable and passionate Naturalist Guide, spot Eastern Grey Kangaroos, Koalas, Red-necked Wallabies, Platypus and some of the 260 bird species that call the area home. The specialist guides will share information on the importance of the Great Western Wildlife Corridor, a key migration route between the southern Blue Mountains World Heritage area and Morton National Park further south.
- Search for Australia’s iconic native animals in the wild, including Kangaroos, Koalas, Platypus, Wombats, Wallabies, birdlife, the elusive Emu . . . and much more!
- Experienced and dedicated guides share their favourite hideaways and viewing spots to maximise your chances to observe wildlife.
- Enjoy a hearty country-style dinner in one of Australia’s oldest pubs.
- Go night-spotting for some of the region's most curious crepuscular and nocturnal species, including Common Wombats, Sugar Gliders, Brush-tailed Possums and Tawny Frogmouths.
Day 3 – Sydney to Melbourne
Fly from Sydney to Melbourne and spend the rest of the day exploring its laneways and arcades discovering funky coffee shops, up and coming designer boutiques and hidden bars. Dine in one of Melbourne’s many restaurants.
- Hop on and off the free shuttle bus or City Circle Tram.
- Explore the laneways and arcades on a Hidden Secrets Tour.
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of Queen Victoria Market and discover fresh produce, fascinating history and specialty foods.
- Visit the unique galleries and museums in the cultural hub of Federation Square.
- Check out the string of riverside restaurants, bistros and bars of Southbank.
Day 4 – Melbourne and surrounds
Continue to explore Melbourne or head out to the picturesque Yarra Valley located less than one hour’s drive from Melbourne. Golf lovers can opt to play at one of the many top golf courses located in the world-famous Melbourne Sandbelt.
- Enjoy an exclusive and private Behind the Scenes tour of the De Bortoli Yarra Valley vineyard and winery including a 3 course Italian-inspired lunch with matched wines and a decadent gourmet cheese and wine tasting in the De Bortoli Trophy Room.
- Play a round of golf at Australia’s highest-ranking golf course – Royal Melbourne Golf Club, ranked number 1 in Australia and number 9 in the world.
- Catch a tram to St Kilda beach and peruse the mouth-watering patisseriesof Acland Street or go sailing, windsurfing or kiteboarding.
- Explore the designer fashion and eclectic stores lining Greville Street and Toorak Road in Prahran.
- Dine out in one of the city’s multicultural enclaves – Lygon Street (Italian), Richmond (Vietnamese) or Fitzroy (Spanish or Indian).
Day 5 – Phillip Island
Take a day trip to Phillip Island to view the spectacular wildlife and coastal scenery of the island.
- Get up close to Australia’s largest population of Australian Fur Seals on a scenic coastal boat tour with Wildlife Coast Cruises.
- Meet the cuddly locals at the Koala Conservation Centre.
- Witness Victoria’s largest colony of little penguins return from the sea and head to their burrows for the night at the Penguin Parade.
Day 6 – Mornington Peninsula
Head out to the Mornington Peninsula, where vineyards and olive groves meet ocean views. Stop off at Montalto Vineyard and Olive Grove for a delicious lunch of fresh produce sourced from the vineyard’s kitchen garden. Sample Montalto’s cool climate wines and wander through the sculpture garden.
Spend the night at Jackalope at Willow Creek Vineyard, a stunning property which blends cool sophistication with sweeping views of vineyards.
- Experience first-hand the winemaking and grape growing process with a Behind the Scenes Winery Tour. Taste Montalto’s range straight from the barrel and understand the important changes taking place in the vineyard as the grapes mature, and in the winery as the wines develop.
- Enjoy a signature cocktail at Jackalope before dining on the region’s finest produce paired with single vineyard vines at Doot Doot Doot, Jackalope’s signature dining experience.
Day 7 – Mornington Peninsula
Today is all about Fish n Trips! Make your way to Mornington Pier (20 minutes’ drive) for your 5-hour fishing charter with Bay Fish n Trips.
- Explore Port Phillip Bay and try your luck at catching snapper, pinkies, King George Whiting, shark, flathead and Jack Mackerel.
- Enjoy a BBQ lunch, drinks and snacks.
- No need to bring fishing gear – everything is provided.
Day 8 – Melbourne to Adelaide
Return to Melbourne and fly to Adelaide. A hub for fabulous food, wine and internationally acclaimed festivals, Adelaide has much to offer.
- Discover the gourmet delights of Adelaide Central Market, one of Australia’s largest produce markets, on a Discovery tour with Food Tours Australia.
- Wander the galleries, museums and colonial buildings of North Terrace, Adelaide’s cultural boulevard
- Check out the wine bars, boutiques, art house cinemas and elegant restaurants on nearby Rundle Street.
- Explore Australia’s oldest surviving German settlement, Hahndorf, and visit The Cedars, the historic home of famous artist Sir Hans Heysen.
Day 9 – McLaren Vale
Located only 45 minutes from Adelaide, McLaren Vale is known for its exceptional wine, fresh produce, five-star retreats, quirky cafés and funky art galleries. The quirkiest of all is without a doubt the d’Arenberg Cube located at D’Arenberg winery. Home to the Alternate Realities Museum and the d’Arenberg Cube Restaurant, spend the morning here playing winemaker at The Blending Bench.
Not far from here is the McMurtrie Mile experience, which leads you to six highlights all on the one road – Wirra Wirra, Hugh Hamilton, Primo Estate, Sabella Vineyards, Red Poles and McLaren Vale Beer Company.
Return to Adelaide.
- Discover the eclectic delights of the d’Arenberg Cube and then blend, bottle, name and label your own wine at the Blending Bench.
- Learn all about Shiraz, tasting five of Wirra Wirra’s best shiraz wines matched with a Chocolate Platter.
- Sample cheese at Blessed Cheese located on the main street of McLaren Vale.
Day 10 – Adelaide to Kingscote, Kangaroo Island
Today fly to Kangaroo Island, Australia’s third largest island known for its diverse wildlife and nature reserves, including Flinders Chase National Park.
Transfer to your accommodation at Southern Ocean Lodge. With 21 luxe suites, breathtaking views to the great Southern Ocean, all-inclusive rates, first name service and personalised experiential itinerary, this is a globally celebrated luxury lodge offering a unique fusion of nature and luxury.
Spend the next two days on a fully customized Kangaroo Island in Styleexperience with Exceptional Kangaroo Island (available on request only).
- Travel to Flinders Chase National Park and the aptly named Remarkable Rocks.
- Visit a fur seal colony and watch the seals resting on the rocks or frolicking in the surf under Admirals Arch.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch featuring locally sourced produce and local wines.
- Observe the kangaroos at Grassdale in the heart of Kelly Hill Conservation Park, the home of the pioneering Edwards Family.
- Walk a portion of the KI Wilderness Trail (access for lodge guests by special arrangement).
- Dine in privacy within Southern Ocean Lodge’s impressive wine cellar and enjoy a gastronomic journey through the produce of Kangaroo Island.
- Relax and rejuvenate at the secluded Southern Spa with signature treatments using Kangaroo Island botanicals.
Day 11 and 12 – Kangaroo Island
Continue touring with Exceptional Kangaroo Island.
- Take a walk down a country track through tall Eucalyptus trees where Koalas snooze overhead, or perhaps wake briefly for a feed.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch featuring King George whiting (local sea fish), fresh salads and fine South Australian wines at a private bush location.
- Walk with your guide among Australian Sea-lions on a beautiful sand beach at Seal Bay Conservation Park. Watch pups nursing, or playing in the surf, see old bulls bearing the scars of territorial disputes and learn about their unique breeding biology.
Day 12 - Kangaroo Island to Adelaide
Depart Kangaroo Island on a morning or afternoon flight to Adelaide.