With spectacular destinations, unique experiences, an innovative culture and world-class business facilities, Australia is a welcoming and inspiring destination for world-class business events.
Sydney, New South Wales
With one of the world’s most recognisable city skylines, Sydney is hugged by sandstone headlands, picturesque bays and legendary surf beaches – and of course, at its pulse is its beautiful natural harbour. With over 33,000 hotel rooms and an international airport serviced more than 40 airlines, Sydney is well equipped to welcome business events of any size.
Top unique activities which inspire incentive groups include:
- Climbing to the top of the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge for drinks and canapés overlooking the sparkling harbour.
- Going backstage at the Sydney Opera House for a behind-the-scenes tour followed by a private opera recital and dinner.
- Touring the coast with a local marine biologist to see the migration of humpback whales.
For more incentive ideas in Sydney visit australia.com/businessevents.
With an abundance of options for combining work with pleasure, the stylish city of Melbourne has been voted many times as one of the world’s most liveable cities, leading the way for arts, culture and sports.
Incentive groups visiting Melbourne love:
- Incorporating one of the city’s major events into their program such as the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival, Australian Open Tennis Championships, Melbourne Food & Wine Festival and the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix.
- Taking a scenic helicopter flight to see the dramatic rock formations of the Great Ocean Road along the Southern Ocean.
- Getting in touch with Melbourne’s coffee and fashion culture through team-building activities including millinery workshops and barista classes.
For more incentive ideas in Melbourne visit australia.com/businessevents.
Adelaide, South Australia
Nestled between world-famous wine regions, magnificent beaches of white sand and ancient outback mountain ranges, the vibrant city of Adelaide boasts an internationally acclaimed convention centre and offers a diverse range of incentive options including:
- Visiting the Barossa Valley wine region where guests can blend their own wine and taste a vintage Tawny (port) from the year of their birth.
- Getting up close to Australian sea-lions, kangaroos, koalas and native Australian birds in the wild on Kangaroo Island.
- Joining an Australian celebrity chef for a private welcome brunch, comprised of locally sourced ingredients, on the beautiful sands of Glenelg beach.
For more incentive ideas in Adelaide visit australia.com/businessevents.
Perth, Western Australia
The sunniest capital city in the world, Perth’s coastal charm, colonial history, fantastic seafood and fabulous wine will spoil you with its choice of incentive and corporate offerings.
Top activities to incorporate in a Perth program include:
- Jet-boating along the majestic Swan River to soak up the carnival atmosphere in the historical port of Fremantle.
- Touring the cellar door followed by a wine tasting lesson at one of Australia’s Ultimate Wineries in the Margaret River region.
- Taking a private yacht to the white sandy beaches and rugged landscapes of Rottnest Island. Here, groups can meet Quokkas (affectionately known as the happiest animals in the world), cycle around the island or snorkel in the azure waters.
For more incentive ideas in Perth visit australia.com/businessevents.
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Boasting numerous national attractions, an array of stylish restaurants and bars, a vibrant entertainment scene, Canberra – Australia’s capital – is a modern and sophisticated city which is complemented by a nearby wine region, mountain range and stunning coastlines.
Groups who take an incentive trip to Canberra enjoy:
- Increasing their understanding of the Australian people - their identity, creativity, history and culture - with a private tour of the National Portrait Gallery.
- Joining an elite athlete for a tour of the Australian Institute of Sport to learn about its role in Australia’s international sporting success.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the city and its beautiful leafy surrounds while feasting on a gourmet breakfast.
For more incentive ideas in Canberra visit australia.com/businessevents.
Tasmania is a place of beauty – a destination with serious wilderness, unique wildlife, endless waterways and preserved heritage with a fascinating history. The island has developed an enviable reputation for incredible food and wine and captured the attention of travel commentators across the globe with the emergence of a modern arts culture that has seen the island win international accolades.
Top Tasmanian incentive activities include:
- Tasting pre-blended wines before creating a personalised final product at the award-winning Josef Chromy Winery.
- The Tasmanian Seafood Seduction adventure with Pennicott Journeys where a seafood is caught fresh from the Derwent River and transformed into a feast on-deck.
- A private tour of the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) in Hobart. As Australia’s largest privately owned museum, MONA offers an extensive eclectic private collection, on-site winery, brewery and award-winning restaurant.
For more incentive ideas in Tasmania visit australia.com/businessevents.
With a warm climate, an abundance of outdoor pursuits, and a paradise island within reaching distance of the urban landscape; the down-to-earth, friendly city of Brisbane offers fresh and exciting options for rewarding incentive experiences, team building activities, corporate initiatives.
Incentive groups visiting Brisbane love:
- Getting the full adrenalin rush at Tangalooma Island Resort with sand sledding races, quad biking and four-wheel driving along the beach.
- The Story Bridge Adventure Climb which offers a glittering panorama of Brisbane and its surrounding areas.
- Heading to Queensland Raceway for a V8 Supercar driving experience and a thrilling afternoon on the track to learn racing car handling techniques.
For more incentive ideas in Brisbane visit australia.com/businessevents.
Gold Coast, Queensland
Nothing like you expect and exactly what you’re looking for, the Gold Coast is framed with 70 kilometres of pristine coastline, 100,000 hectares of rainforest and celebrated as Australia’s entertainment capital with event venues that capture the imagination and inspire high achievers.
Top incentive activities on the Gold Coast include:
- Starting the day poolside at Sea World where guests can meet the dolphins and dine on a hot buffet breakfast beside the lagoon.
- A guided Segway safari at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary before visiting the wildlife hospital to learn about the care and rehabilitation the facility provides for approximately 8,000 native animals annually.
- Sailing a short distance to South Stradbroke Island, an island paradise for team-building activities followed by dinner under the stars at Mclarens Landing.
For more incentive ideas in the Gold Coast visit australia.com/businessevents.
Nestled in the heart of the world-famous Great Barrier Reef lie the Whitsundays – 74 tropical islands fringed with pure white sands that seemingly float in the crystalline warm waters of the Coral Sea. Offering a bounty of once-in-a-lifetime experiences, this exotic paradise presents the perfect reward for top-performers or a differentiated conference program.
Great activities for incentive programs on the Whitsundays include:
- Marvelling at the natural charm of Heart Reef from above on a private helicopter tour.
- Boarding a luxury catamaran and sailing through sparkling waters for a private picnic on Whitehaven Beach, whose sand is so pure only NASA is permitted to remove it for use in satellite dish reflectors.
- Getting up close and personal with koalas and kangaroos while enjoying pre-dinner cocktails overlooking Hamilton Island.
For more incentive ideas in the Whitsundays visit australia.com/businessevents.
Renowned for its relaxed, tropical climate and laid back ambience, Cairns boasts the best of Australia’s tropics – with islands, rainforest and reef on its doorstep.
Groups who have visited Tropical North Queensland loved:
- Charter boat trips out to see the Great Barrier Reef and its colourful residents from above (via a scenic helicopter flight), within (snorkelling and glass bottom boat tours) and below (scuba diving or helmet diving).
- Visiting Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures, an eco-tourism accredited attraction in a natural setting, offering exciting close encounters with some of Australia’s most fascinating animals, including crocodiles, beautiful flightless cassowaries and cuddly koalas.
- Exploring the wonders of an ancient tropical rainforest on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway to learn about one of the most botanically fascinating and diverse areas on earth.
For more incentive ideas in Tropical North Queensland visit australia.com/businessevents.
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Boasting a spectacular sand cliff coastline, lush mountain ranges, subtropical rainforest, surf beaches, secluded coves and bays, and the world’s largest sand island, the Sunshine Coast’s natural environment is complemented by modern infrastructure and accommodation – perfect for a conference or an incentive event.
Top incentive activities on the Sunshine Coast include:
- A guided walk through Noosa National Park from the beach to the popular Lion’s Head Lookout, where an abundance of wildlife can be spotted.
- Visiting Eumundi Markets with more than 500 stalls of the finest local produce, arts and crafts.
- Chartering a small flight to Fraser Island - the world’s largest sand island - to experience its six rainforests and crystal clear fresh water lake.
For more incentive ideas in the Sunshine Coast visit australia.com/businessevents.
The Red Centre, Northern Territory
With a huge array of wildlife, colourful outback characters and awe-striking landscapes, The Red Centre including Uluru and Alice Springs is a place of adventure. Incentive activities are bountiful in this unique destination of Aboriginal rock art, outback gorges, and the iconic wonders of Uluru-Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon.
Top incentive activities in the Red Centre include:
- Creating your own masterpiece in a dot-painting workshop with a local Aboriginal artist.
- Dining alfresco under a glittering canopy of stars, with Uluru as the backdrop, while the resident ‘star-talker’ takes you on a journey through the southern night sky.
- Watching a desert sunrise while feasting on a gourmet picnic breakfast before an exclusive guided walk around the base of Uluru with a local Indigenous guide.
For more incentive ideas in the Red Centre visit australia.com/businessevents.
Darwin, Northern Territory
A place rich in Aboriginal history and rugged, natural beauty, the Northern Territory offers the quintessential Australian experience. Its tropical capital city of Darwin is a melting pot of cuisines and culture, sitting on the northern shores.
Incentive guests are inspired and engaged by a wide range of experiences including:
- Fishing for prized barramundi on Darwin’s pristine harbour or in nearby estuaries.
- Cocktails and canapés from a private lawn area at the Mindil Beach Sunset Markets while watching the sun set over the ocean as didgeridoo bands provide entertainment.
- Visiting Litchfield National Park to see sandstone escarpments, patches of monsoon rainforest, crystal clear waterholes, spectacular waterfalls and historic ruins.
For more incentive ideas in Darwin visit australia.com/businessevents.