Take one of the world’s great roadtrips along the spectacular Great Ocean Road, then head inland to the magnificent rugged mountains of the Grampians. Continue on to the spa country in Daylesford before you arrive at the mighty Murray River. Step back in time at the historic port of Echuca and cruise on paddlesteamer. On your return to Melbourne, stop in Beechworth, where intriguing gold rush stories, fabulous food and wine produce entice you to stay another night.
At a glance:
- 1 night Melbourne
- Drive Melbourne – Torquay (3 hours)
- 2 nights Great Ocean Road (Apollo Bay & Port Fairy)
- Drive Apollo Bay – Port Fairy (3 hours) – Grampians (2 hours) – Ballarat (2 hours) – Daylesford (30 min)
- Drive Daylesford – Echuca (2.0 hours), overnight Echuca
- Drive Echuca – Beechworth – Melbourne (3 hours)