Few natural wonders are as truly unforgettable as the Great Barrier Reef, dotted with over 1050 amazing islands and corals cays along the coastline from Bundaberg in the south to Tropical North Queensland in the North.
With more than 1,000 national parks within the State borders, opportunities to encounter rare wildlife in its natural habitat are always around the corner. Explore underground lava tubes, relax at some of the world’s most famous beaches or pitch a tent under the stars.
Visit and discover a vibrant capital city in Brisbane, filled with bustling bars and Australia’s only inner-city beach. From here you can easily hop to the nearby Gold Coast for the Surfer’s Paradise entertainment precinct, or head further south to Coolangatta for that iconic Aussie beach lifestyle.
- Learn to surf on one of the many beautiful white sandy beaches on the Southern Queensland coastline
- Complete the Great Beach Drive with its spectacular beach driving and dramatic coastline of Sunshine Coast and World Heritage Listed Fraser Island
- Watch the sunrise with wallabies on the beach at Cape Hillsborough National Park
- Witness the 268 metre wall of water at Wallaman Falls – the longest single drop waterfall in Australia
- Sail, dive, snorkel or kayak on the Great Barrier Reef