Tourism Australia operates a two-tier specialist program in North America, comprising of Aussie Specialists and Premier Aussie Specialists.
Membership in the Premier Aussie Specialist category is for those Aussie Specialists with an established record of selling Australia and who wish to be more actively involved in marketing & promoting why "There's Nothing Like Australia."
Please note, the below details are in relation to the 2016/17 Premier program so subject to change for the 2017/18 application process.
Benefits of the program
As a recognized high performing Aussie Specialist who has achieved Premier status your term will include, but not be limited to, a number of key elements:
- The ability to market yourself as a "Premier Aussie Specialist" - as recognized by Tourism Australia - with exclusive rights to use the Premier logo for marketing purposes.
- The opportunity to attend exclusive training and trade events conducted by Tourism Australia or our partners (subject to individual events and, in some cases, subject to availability).
- An official media release recognizing your status as a Premier Aussie Specialist, endorsed by Tourism Australia, for use in your local marketing.
- Additional collateral and marketing tools from Tourism Australia to support your proactive marketing efforts in promoting Australia.
- An agent profile listing on Tourism Australia's consumer website, Australia.com.
In order to qualify for the Premier program, applicants need to satisfy the following selection criteria:
- Be a current, active, certified Aussie Specialist.
- Have completed all three core Australia training modules and ALL eight State and Territory training modules on aussiespecialist.com - please note that even if you are reapplying for the program you will need to have completed the three core Australia training modules and State & Territory training modules (all brand new with the relaunch of the site in Sept. 2015).
- Have completed three educational activities to increase your knowledge of Australia (i.e. participated in a webinar, completed niche modules on aussiespecialist.com, etc.) within the last 12 months. If you have traveled on a familiarization / visited Australia within the last 36 months this can count as well.
- Can highlight three different marketing activities you have conducted (past 12 months) to grow your business to Australia.
- Met set productivity goals: 75 FIT passengers or $185,000 in sales revenue confirmed from business booked to Australia from June 1, 2015 to May 31, 2016.
- Provide official documentation from a wholesaler, Inbound Tour Operator or product partner (if you book direct) in order to confirm the number of passengers or revenue booked.
We are pleased to announce that there is no membership fee for the 2016/2017 Premier program which will now run from September 1, 2016 to December 31, 2017. Deadline for applications is July 31st, 2016.
Will escorted motor coach bookings count towards my Premier productivity targets?Yes (this includes all pre-planned itineraries as well as pre/post cruise packages). The reference made regarding FIT bookings was to address a concern many agents voiced during the evaluation period of not allowing an agent who only booked two total itineraries all year (both were groups), but provided them with the qualifying number of PAX booked or revenue generated, to qualify.
How do we keep track of bookings or dollar amounts spent when booking through experiences direct?
You will have to ask your wholesale or product sales representative to provide a total for you at the end of the 12 month period or keep copies of the sold itineraries.
Over what time period does the $185,000 requirement apply?
The performance time period begins for bookings made between June 1, 2015 and May 31, 2016.
Is the $185,000 requirement in USD or CAD?
If you are in the United States you will provide sales in USD, and if you are in Canada you will provide sales in CAD.
Do dual destination itineraries count towards my productivity goals?
Yes, however, only the Australia portion of the itinerary will count towards your revenue goal.
How were the sales goals determined?
Our team spoke with members of the industry (including retail agents, wholesale companies, tour operators, and Australian product) in order to gauge a fair target.
Terms & Conditions
Your appointment as an Premier Aussie Specialist will be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- By submitting an application to become an Aussie Specialist Premier Member, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions of membership and specifically agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Tourism Australia (TA), its agents, employees, directors, officers and representatives, to the maximum extent permitted by law, from and against any loss, cost, damage, liability, or expense, including without limitation attorneys’ fees, suffered or incurred by you as a result of your membership of the Aussie Specialist Premier Program, the rejection of your application for membership, or the termination of your membership for any reason whatsoever.
- Premier agents are responsible for keeping their account active at www.aussiespecialist.com and monitoring their profile on www.australia.com.
- Participation in the Premier Aussie Specialist Program is limited to individuals only, and is not open to any organization or entity of any kind, including a partnership. Should a Premier Aussie Specialist member be sponsored by any organization or entity, all leads referred to the Premier member shall be handled solely by the Premier member.
- You acknowledge that if TA cancels your appointment as a Premier Aussie Specialist because you are in breach of any of these terms and conditions, then in accordance with Clause 1 of these terms and conditions, you will have no right of action, claim, proceeding or demand against TA for such cancellation.
- In the appointment of a Premier Aussie Specialist member, TA reserves to the right to amend the number of Premier Aussie Specialist members appointed by state or province at any time in its sole discretion.
- Any leads referred to Premier Aussie Specialist members from TA’s marketing activities are for the sole and exclusive use of Premier members and shall not be forwarded or redistributed to any other person or entity for any purpose whatsoever. The quantity of referrals provided by Tourism Australia is not guaranteed nor is the driver of the program.
- Consumer referrals from our website (www.australia.com) will be made on the condition and understanding that you will assist all such referrals in arranging travel to Australia within twenty four (24) hours of receiving the referral, and will not promote any other competing destinations to any referral. Notwithstanding paragraph 10 of this agreement, TA may terminate this agreement on fifteen (15) days’ written notice if you use any consumer referral for any purpose other than as specified in these terms and conditions. Leads referred to Premier Aussie Specialist members from TA’s marketing activities are for the sole and exclusive use of Premier members and shall not be forwarded or redistributed to any other person or entity for any purpose whatsoever. The quantity of referrals provided by Tourism Australia is not guaranteed.
- TA will from time to time request that you provide certain local market insights, and other relevant information, which will be used in developing tourism to and in Australia from your area. As a condition of your participation in the Premier Aussie Specialist Program, you agree to provide this information to TA upon request. TA will take all reasonable measures to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
- Either party may terminate this agreement upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party for any reason. Termination or cancellation of membership may occur with immediate effect only in exceptional cases as determined by Tourism Australia.
- You agree that this agreement is intended to create an independent contractor relationship between you and TA and that, under no circumstances shall you or anyone acting on your behalf, be construed to be acting as an agent, employee, or representative of TA.
- You agree that under no circumstances shall TA be liable for any of your acts, omissions, debts, or other obligations, or those of your employees, agents or representatives in connection with dealings which you may have with, or services you may provide to, any consumers referred by TA. You further agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Tourism Australia, its agents, employees, directors, officers and representatives, from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, loss, cost, expense, lawsuit, or legal action (including without limitation attorneys’ fees), arising directly or indirectly from, as a result of, or in connection with dealings or communications which you, your employees, agents, or representatives may have with any consumer referred by TA, or any action or failure to take action by you,your employees, agents, or representatives on behalf of any such consumer referral.
- TA will use its best efforts to promote travel to Australia through advertising campaigns in various media. However, TA makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties whatsoever as to the number of consumer referrals, if any, you will receive pursuant to this agreement. Nor does TA make any representations, guarantees, or warranties as to the amount of sales revenue any given consumer referral will generate.
- Any dispute, difference or disagreement (“dispute”) arising out of or concerning this agreement, or from your participation in or termination from the Aussie Specialist Premier Program, shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. In the event of a dispute, you agree that you will not commence legal proceedings of any kind before you have met in person with a senior executive of TA for the specific purpose of attempting in good faith to settle said dispute. Should any dispute between you and TA not be settled after such meeting, you agree that, prior to instituting legal proceedings of any kind, you will submit such dispute to mediation before a mediator appointed by the International Mediation and Arbitration Center (“IMAC”) in Los Angeles, California. Said mediation shall be conducted in Los Angeles pursuant to the mediation rules of IMAC then in force, and the costs of any mediation, including the charges of the mediator, will be shared equally between the parties. You agree that any lawsuit against TA, its employees, agents, officers, directors or representatives, arising out of or concerning this agreement which is commenced prior to the meeting with a senior executive of TA and the mediation called for in this clause, shall be subject to immediate dismissal.
- In the event that the parties are unable to settle any dispute between them in a face-to-face meeting, or mediation, then both parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of any court of competent jurisdiction within the County of Los Angeles, California. The prevailing party in any such litigation shall be entitled to an award of its costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- In consideration of your participation in the Aussie Specialist Premier Program, TA grants you a nonexclusive, revocable license to use the Premier Aussie Specialist Logo and brand elements in connection with promoting Australia for the duration of this agreement, and in the manner specified from time to time by TA in its reasonable discretion. This license shall be automatically and immediately revoked in the event of the expiration or termination of this agreement for any reason.
- This agreement shall constitute the entire agreement between you and TA regarding your participation in the Aussie Specialist Premier Program, and supersedes any prior discussions, negotiations, arrangements, and/or agreements between you and TA relating to the Premier Aussie Specialist Program.
- Tourism Australia must not have commenced debt recovery or any form of legal action against the applicant, or have been the subject of any legal action by the applicant.