BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
Why be a Premier Aussie Specialist?
- The Premier program managed by Tourism Australia offers professional validation for retail agents who are doing business with discerning consumers.
- Premier Aussie Specialists are recognized for their expertise and high level of Australia sales by all North American wholesale distribution partners, inbound tour operators and Australian sellers.
- Premier Aussie Specialists are invited to attend exclusive travel industry workshops, market updates and training events hosted by Tourism Australia and Australia's States and Territories including the 2019 Australia Marketplace.
- Premiers are invited to apply to attend the Australian Tourism Exchange (ATE) 2019 in Perth, Western Australia (invites to follow acceptance).
- Premier Aussie Specialists have the opportunity to provide feedback and input to assist Tourism Australia with research into North American travel trends to Australia.
In order to qualify for the Premier program, applicants need to satisfy the following selection criteria:
- Be a current active certified Aussie Specialist.
- Have completed all eight new State and Territory modules on aussiespecialist.com
- Have completed three educational activities to increase your knowledge of Australia (i.e., participated in a webinar, completed niche modules on aussiespecialist.com, etc.) within the last 12 months. If you have traveled on a familiarization / visited Australia in the last 36 months that counts as one educational activity as well.
- Can highlight three different marketing activities you have conducted in the past 12 months to grow your business to Australia.
- Meet set productivity goal of $185,000USD/CAD in sales revenue confirmed from business booked to Australia from July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018.
- Provide official documentation from your preferred wholesaler(s), inbound tour operator(s) and/or Australian product (if you book direct) in order to confirm the amount of revenue booked. Deadline to submit proof of booking to firstname.lastname@example.org is September 30, no exceptions.
Applications close: September 30, 2018
Premier Aussie Specialist status confirmed: November 2018
If accepted, update profile on AussieSpecialist.com to reflect on Australia.com: December 15, 2018
2019 Premier membership runs: January 1, 2019-December 31, 2019
Thank you for your submissions for the 2019 Premier Program. Applications are now closed.
Will escorted motor coach bookings count towards my Premier productivity targets?
Yes (this includes all pre-planned itineraries as well as pre/post cruise packages). The reference made regarding FIT bookings was to address a concern many agents voiced during the evaluation period of not allowing an agent who only booked two total itineraries all year (both were groups), but provided them with the qualifying number of PAX booked or revenue generated, to qualify.
How do we keep track of bookings or dollar amounts spent when booking through experiences direct?
You will have to ask your wholesale or product sales representative to provide a total for you at the end of the 12 month period or keep copies of the sold itineraries.
Over what time period does the $185,000 requirement apply?
The performance time period begins for bookings made between July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018.
Is the $185,000 requirement in USD or CAD?
If you are in the United States you are to provide sales in USD, and if you are in Canada you are to provide sales in CAD.
Do dual destination itineraries count towards my productivity goals?
Yes, however, only the Australia portion of the itinerary will count towards your revenue goal.
How were the sales goals determined?
Our team spoke with members of the industry (including retail agents, wholesale companies, tour operators, and Australian product) in order to gauge a fair target.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting this Premier Aussie Specialist application you agree to the following terms & conditions in the event of being selected:
- The Premier Aussie Specialist must not hold itself out as being authorised to bind Tourism Australia in any way, and not do any act which might reasonably create the impression that it is so authorised
- Tourism Australia shall be entitled to withdraw a Premier Aussie Specialist’s status immediately and for any reason at all
- If the Premier Aussie Specialist's status is withdrawn at any time for whatever reason the Agent shall lose the right to hold itself out as having the services of a Premier Aussie Specialist and to advertise itself as such
- Premier agents are responsible for keeping their account active at www.aussiespecialist.com , and updating their profile on www.australia.com
- Participation in the Premier Aussie Specialist Program is limited to individuals only, and is not open to any organization or entity of any kind. All leads referred shall be handled solely by the Premier Aussie Specialist
- Tourism Australia will use its best efforts to promote travel to Australia through advertising campaigns. However, Tourism Australia makes no guarantees, or warranties whatsoever as to the number of consumer referrals, if any, you will receive. Nor does Tourism Australia make any guarantees, or warranties as to the amount of sales revenue any given consumer referral will generate
- Consumer referrals from www.australia.com will be made on the understanding that you will make every effort to assist such referrals in arranging travel to Australia
- In consideration of your participation in the Premier Aussie Specialist Program, Tourism Australia grants you a nonexclusive license to use the Premier Aussie Specialist Logo in connection with promoting Australia. This license shall be automatically and immediately revoked in the event of the Premier Aussie Specialist status being withdrawn.